Batch is a Customer Engagement Platform that allows marketers to communicate with their users and engage with them by creating powerful engagement journeys and workflows.
- A comprehensive and real-time end user view
- A set of multi-channel communication and engagement tools
- The possibility to measure and analyse the results of the engagement campaigns
Plugging Purchasely and Batch has 3 advantages:
- Communication and engagement automations can then be configured based on these transactional events.
The integration requires 4 steps:
- 1.Activate the Batch integration in the Purchasely Console
- 2.Enable the events forwarded to Batch in the Purchasely Console
- 3.Enable the events in the Batch Dashboard
- 4.Set Batch SDK Custom User ID
In the Purchasely Console, go to Integration > Batch and enable the integration.
Then carry the Android / iOS Live / Rest API keys forward from your Batch Dashboard to the Purchasely Console.
These parameters can be found in your Batch Dashboard in the following location: Batch Dashboard > You [iOS / Android] app > Settings > General > API Keys
Screenshot of the Batch Dashboard (January 2022)
In the Purchasely Console, under the Server Events thumbnail, you can choose with subscription events must be forwarded to Batch.
(Optional) Events names can be override to match with your tacking plan.
Front events triggered by the Purchasely SDK cannot be forwarded to Batch directly from the Purchasely Console. This has to be done at the app level by intercepting the SDK events and forwarding them to the Batch SDK.
Once events have been enabled on Purchasely's side, they must also be enabled on Batch's side as well.
To do so, navigate to the following location: Batch Dashboard > You [iOS / Android] app > Settings > Custom Data > User events
Note: Purchasely events must have been received at least once on Batch's side to appear in this list of User events
This step is very important, otherwise events sent by Purchasely will not be properly associated with users
For example, if
Purchasely.userLoginis called with:
Then set Batch SDK with:
For more details, see Batch documentation:
To configure your automations navigate to the following location in Batch:
Batch > Campaigns
To create an automation triggered by a Purchasely event, choose Trigger in the block When.
All the events that have already been received at least once by Batch will appear in the list.
You can then define the message that will be sent and the deeplink associated to it.
If the deeplink matches a pattern handled by Purchasely, it will allow you to:
- display a specific paywall (for upsell and retention flow)
- display a cancellation survey
- notify users that their credit card has expired and send them to their devices settings